Already a foster carer?
Already part of the Fostering Devon team?
If you are already a foster carer with us please use the approved carers’ zone to access the full range of support and training resources, support group dates, information about fees and allowances, key contacts and more.
Interested in transferring?
Did you know that if you foster for an independent fostering agency, you can transfer between agencies? We welcome foster carers transferring to Fostering Devon. We know that we benefit from the experience you already have, and in return we offer very competitive fostering allowances together with a professional package of support including an exceptional range of training.
‘We wish we had joined DCC much earlier. Fostering with an IFA can be quite isolating particularly with some of the more challenging placements. There is always an activity/support group etc to join in with and there have been no negatives just lots of support and opportunities, the training undertaken has been very good and relevant to us.’ Melanie, Foster Carer
By fostering for Devon, you are ensuring that all Local Authority money is spent directly on the child, foster carers and support staff rather than private businesses.
Be part of an agency that has over 300 fostering households; Devon’s largest fostering agency.
- Comprehensive financial support package
|Weekly Rate per child 2019/2020||Daily Rate per child 2019/2020|
|Standard (including training / Support Groups Allowance)||£329.07||£47.01|
The allowances are based on an assessment of the child’s needs. In addition, we pay mileage at 45p per mile for transport costs associated with the child and attendance at training or support groups. Birthday, festival and holiday allowances are also payable.
If you have a DCC child in placement, you have the option to remain on your agency’s rates for the duration of placement, you would then be required to switch to DCC rates.
- Comprehensive training package with local delivery
- More placement choice and better matching – we always look to place Devon’s children with Fostering Devon carers before seeking placements with Independent Fostering Agencies
- Local support groups across our 4 different areas
- Peer Support from nominated approved DCC Foster Carers
- Great support from a dedicated Supervising Social Worker with average caseloads of 16 households with no new carer assessment responsibilities
- Year round activities such as Foster Fest, Fostering Walks, Gala Dinner, Christmas pantomime
- A Dedicated Childrens Placement Support Team offering therapeutic support and guidance 7 days a week including unsocial hours
- Paid membership of Foster Talk and paid access to FISS in the event of an allegation.
We follow the Fostering Network’s Transfer Protocol which details how we handle your transfer from your existing agency. We only approach your current agency with your consent, once you have decided to transfer to us.
We request that you attend our own 4-day Skills to Foster training as this gives you invaluable information about our service. We will need to complete a new assessment and you will need to attend our fostering panel. However, with the information obtained from your current agency, we aim to approve you within a shorter timescale of 4 months.
If you are interested in transferring, please give us a call on 0345 155 1077. We are very happy to make a no obligation initial visit to talk about your interest.