Exeter University Taster Day for Year 6 CiC
Posted on: 30 April 2018
Year 6 Taster Day for Children in Care, Friday 8 June 2018:
- We aim to provide students with a useful insight into university life.
- Visit a variety of lecture/seminar rooms for an insight into the facilities here.
- Meet current Student Ambassadors and find out what student life is like.
- Join workshops/presentations suited to the age group of the child.
- Fun and informative day with information about applying to University and the various aspects of University life (e.g. academic, financial and social aspects).
- A chance to meet staff and current University students.
Information for the organising teacher/carer:
Parking for cars and minibuses is limited and cannot be guaranteed.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided, please inform us if you or your students have any dietary requirements. There are water fountains situated around our campus.
As the supervising teacher/carer you are responsible for the wellbeing and behaviour of your student(s); this includes administrating non-emergency first aid. You should have a copy of the students’ emergency contact, medical and special requirements details. Please accompany student(s) at all times unless directed by the event organiser and let us have your contact details in case of emergencies.
All visitors on campus will be given a lanyard, please keep this visible at all times during the day. As part of the programme you and your students may use University of Exeter equipment. We would be grateful if all of this equipment and the lanyards are returned after their use in the same condition.
To find out more and book a place contact Natalie Bracher on 01392 722526 or email: Outreach@exeter.ac.uk
|10:15-10:30||Introduction & Ice Breaking Activity|
|10:30-11:00||What is University? – Drama performance|
|13:45-14:15||Summary of the day|