Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find out how we’re supporting you during coronavirus (COVID-19).

Will I pay tax on my earnings?

Posted on: 16 July 2013

As a foster carer, you’ll be classed as self-employed and entitled to tax relief on your income, meaning you’ll pay very little (or no) tax and national insurance. The tax relief you receive depends on your own financial circumstances. Find out more with the HMRC e-learning guide for foster carers.